- New Seating Chart!
I was in speech and debate so here are some good tips for presenting.
- Be sure to bring your Taming of the Shrew to class and get A Whole New Mind.
- Mrs. Smith's calender is here.
- Be sure to bring in a sentence that describes your purpose by Friday. Print it out and make sure it's readable.
- Write on Mr. D's blog and answer his questions here.
- For the remaining of the semester we will be watching TED talks to prepare us to create our own.
- To prepare you can watch TED talks on www.ted.com or there are some on Netflix.
- Mrs. Smith has assigned four TED talks here for Monday 4/14
- On Monday you will have to create a summary/response for each TED talk.
- Always look at your audience.
- Make good hand gestures and make the audience visualize what you are talking about.
- Don't move all the time.
- Dress to impress.
- Practice your speech to memorize it.
- Feel comfortable and have fun with it.
Here is Mrs. Smith's webpage