Today in class, we went over our Lesson Five SAT Exercise words, which will be due on Friday (as usual).
The words are:
- fop (n.) an excessively fashion conscious man
- imprecation (n.) a curse
- non sequitur (n.) something that does not logically follow
- sanguine (adj.) cheerful; optimistic
- bowdlerize (v.) to remove offensive passages of a play, novel, etc.
- impair (v.) to weaken; to cause to become worse
- panegyric (n.) an expression of praise
- quandary (n.) a puzzling situation; a dilemma
- ebullient (adj.) enthusiastic
- deference (n.) respect; consideration
- carnal (adj.) relating to physical appetite, especially sexual
- nebulous (adj.) hazy; vague; uncertain
- rakish (adj.) dashingly stylish and confident
- elegy (n.) a sad or mournful poem
- pedantic (adj.) tending to show off one's learning
*REMINDER* Reader's Theater annotations, performances, and scripts are due Thursday.